If you are a vlogger or video blogger and wish to get success in your profession, then you must be searching for a good quality vlogging camera for long. Choosing the best vlogging camera is a great task and it takes involvement as well as patience. It means you have to go through the specs as well as the range of the cameras. You have to consider a number of facts so you must take all these aspects into account before deciding on the right camera.
For a professional, the basic need is the camera should be compatible with your smartphone, tablet or laptop. But when you need a lot of people to see and enjoy your vlogs all over the world then you must think of more than this aspect. You have to put a bit more effort and time to get the feedback of the right kind. If you are only shooting a few sequences of your real-life then you can manage it by a small camera. This one you can carry along with you. You are not supposed to use that huge, heavyweight borrow load DSLR camera for this purpose. But other lightweight smaller in size are available on the market which can be useful to you. If you are a traveller and wish to make a blog by going to different places, then you can use a mirrorless camera which will work as a DSLR for you. But it will cost much lesser. If you are not going to go under the trouble of changing lenses often a regular compact camera may fit your bill. Also, the later kind of camera takes up lesser space. A specialist action camera is needed when you want to shoot the actions.
- 1 Top 10 Vlogging Cameras in India
- 1.1 1. Canon Powershot G7 X Mark II
- 1.2 2. Canon EOS 77D
- 1.3 3. Fujifilm X-A5
- 1.4 4. GoPro Hero7 Black
- 1.5 5. Nikon D5600
- 1.6 6. Olympus Pen E-PL9
- 1.7 7. Olympus Tough TG Tracker
- 1.8 8. Panasonic Lumix G7
- 1.9 9. Sony cyber shot RX100 IV
- 1.10 10. Canon EOS M50
Video quality matters:
Whichever camera you may prefer, all you need at the end is output. It should be something of HD that is 1080p or even 4K ultra-high definition. Videos shot by any of these cameras can be uploaded in Youtube or such platforms. If your camera has built-in wifi, it will be better. An articulating LCD monitor will be a bonus point.
Top 10 Vlogging Cameras in India
Here we have picked the best 10 cameras of different shapes, sizes, features and price. You can pick yours by reading the details of each one. Hope it will fit your bill of shooting stills and videos for various reasons and at various places. The list is maintained alphabetically. So you can find the right one easily and not by the ascending or descending order regarding features.
1. Canon Powershot G7 X Mark II
The brand has not come up with any major product after the excellent G7 X. There are upgraded features in G7 X II and it can certainly keep up the name of this brand. The performance-boosting DIGIC 7 processor is not the only great feature of this camera. But you will miss the continued absence of viewfinder.
- The camera comes with a 1.0 inch CMOS sensor, and the capability is 20.1MP.
- The Mark II is a proper successor of G7 X, it has the 4x optical zoom lens which offers an equivalent focal length of 24-100mm and it also covers the aperture range of f/1.8-f/2.8.
- The video capturing ability is 1080p.
This version is somewhat changed from the previous version of the camera from the exterior, but this one has got the biggest upgrade of note with the DIGIC 7 processor. This aspect is the newest addition of the Canon camera. This feature brings the most sought after the upgrade and it can shoot performance which includes a faster burst shooting rate. The Full HD video recording is done by this camera but there is no sign for 4K compact cameras with Cannon yet. The wi-fi and NFC connectivity is there, and the touch-sensitive screen tilts to enable the shooting at awkward angles. There is no built-in viewfinder and hot shoe or accessory port which is a letdown. You can record images in raw format and manual exposure control can be achieved. Also, the semi-automatic exposure modes along with a collection of automatic settings are available in this camera. This camera can compete with Sony Cyber-shot RX100V, as that one too comes with a one-inch sensor and a restricted focal length range. But G7X Mark II comes at a more economical price range.
2. Canon EOS 77D
This is a great camera by a great brand like Canon but you cannot be excited about this one. Most of its features are found in this or that camera of the same brand or some other brand.
- This is a very capable DSLR. The new 24.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor is there which uses the latest technology of Cannon.
- The 3.0-inch vari-angle touch screen is there.
- It gets 1080p video capturing ability.
If you look under the apparent skin of this camera you will feel it is pretty much similar to the EOS Rebel T7i/EOS 800D. It gets the new 24.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and the same on-chip analogue to digital conversion technology that you have seen on the cameras like EOS 5D Mark IV. It produces a cleaner image at higher IOSs compared to the older sensor at the Rebel T6i and T6S. When Cannon launched these entry-level DSLR cameras a few years ago, they announced the Rebel T6s/760D altogether. Virtually they are identical and sported the same internal features too. The body-mounted controls and a small LCD display is appealing and there is more chance to the experienced users to get more control.
3. Fujifilm X-A5
The camera from Fujifilm is slim enough to be fitted with a 15-45mm kit lens. It has a retractable design and a power zoom facility, which is ideal for video capture. The LCS screen flips up through full 180 degrees so you can put yourself in the shot easily. There is automatically activating eye detection autofocus. The touch screen also helps you to point out the moving objects on which you may want to focus.
- The camera has a smart selfie mode.
- There is a power zoom kit lens option.
- This is a compact mirrorless camera.
- The body is 40mm deep and is slim so very much portable.
There is an advanced video feature which includes high-speed movies and slow-motion playback. There is 4K ultra high definition capture. In the 4K movies, the maximum frame rate is just 15fps. The output is detailed but jerky so the object is defeated.
4. GoPro Hero7 Black
GoPro Hero 6 Black has already got into the light and won its deserved acclaim. But after the arrival of Hero7 Black, the spotlight has been shifted. The headline features of this device made this happen. The special feature called Hypersmooth is there to help you in vlogging. The job requires you to move through bumpy terrains by a moving vehicle or maybe jogging or running condition. The microphone membrane has also been redesigned for better audio capture in such conditions and the whole output is thrown in a fun time warp feature. You can successfully live stream to facebook or youtube through this camera.
- The camera comes with a rugged body, which suits its action type features.
- It comes with 12 mp resolution.’
- There is a 2.0-inch touch screen monitor.
- The effective focal length is 14-28mm.
- The max movie resolution is 4K 60p.
The features also allow you to do the vlogging in your own chosen place and the audio and video quality will be amazing. Not only that, this camera comes at a very pocket-friendly price which is miraculous for a product like that with that many features and efficiency.
5. Nikon D5600
This camera is easy to take with for a long ride as its size and weight are very light. There is pulse autofocus motor and thus it gives you silent focus transition for movie shooting. The retractable 18-55mm VR kit lens makes the shooting easy.
- The camera is fully articulated with wifi, NFC and Bluetooth compatibility.
- This one is a particularly small and compatible camera so it can be used for vlogging successfully.
- The kit lens gives you the advantage of silent smooth focus and that is great for a vlogger.
- Transitions with shooting movies can be done easily with this camera.
- The maximum movie resolution is 1080 60p.
- There is pentamirror viewfinder in this camera.
There is 3.2 inches fully articulated LCD screen which looks and feels good from any and every angle. This is a massive help when you are filming yourself. A tricky angle can be managed from this camera as well. With the price of this camera, most DSLRs possess 1080 60P resolution and that is what most users expect from this ranged cameras. This is basically a modest upgrade from D5500 and is very capable entry-level DSLR. This camera does not possess a single standout feature but is a great sum of total efficiency. A decent 39 point AF system and polished handling are the highlights to make this one an all-rounder DSLR camera.
6. Olympus Pen E-PL9
This one has a slimline body and an optional pancake lens. The mirrorless camera comes with micro four-thirds sensor size and 16.1 MP resolution. As it is a very slim camera it is quite portable. 11-42mm EZ Pancake kit lens makes this one a movie friendly camera. Also, the motorized zoom helps you to capture movies. The three-axis sensor-shift image stabilizer enables stabilization with any lenses captures movies as well as stills.
- Maximum movie resolution for this camera is 4K 30p.
- The monitor is 3.0-inch tilt angle touch screen.
- There is no effective focal length of this camera.
This is a perfect camera for beginners. This one fits in the bag and it does not look like a very complicated machine. it comes with simplicity, power, creative effects and kerb appeal. Movies can be shot at a resolution of up to 4K at 30 fps and there is an option for the high-speed camera to capture 720p at 120fps. The LCD screen has a 180 degree flip over the facility. The autofocus system comes complete with face detection and eye detection technology. It is wifi compatible as well as built-in Bluetooth, so you can pair it easily with other mobiles.
7. Olympus Tough TG Tracker
The camera is a small and lightweight one and this is an action camera. The stylish design is reminiscent of a camcorder. The Olympus Tough is waterproof down to 30m. The machine is also freezer-proof to -10c. It is also crushproof to 100kg. This one can withstand the drop from 2.1 m. these are a few of the adventurous features of this camera.
- This camera includes a GPS, an electronic compass, an accelerometer and a thermometer and a manometer.
- There is a headlight for taking a shot in the dark.
- The built-in ultra-wide prime lens helps you to fix the focus setting which keeps the sharpness of the features.
- The flip-out LCD does not rotate and it cannot be viewed from the front.
This is a stylish and rugged design which helps this camera to stand out. The specs and features make this camera a great competitor of GoPro and such great branded cameras. This is by no means a rugged camera and the existing ranges of Tough compacts make this one a shockproof and waterproof one. The small TG tracker shares the similar design traits of tough branding and bright green colour options are added to the black one.
8. Panasonic Lumix G7
The cheapest G series camera from Panasonic sports a flip-out LCS screen and it happens to pack a whole heal of extra features. The budding photographers can enjoy the 4Kvideo capture at 30p.
- There is input for a microphone.
- Autofocus is enabled during the recording and scattering of extras like focus peaking and zebra.
- This camera is great for self featuring vlogs and will surely bring you compliments.
- 4K footage will be well exposed and will also be coloured nicely, but there will be a slight crop. The Lumix G Vario the kit lens will leave you with a reasonable angle of view at the wide-angle.
- If you get a better lens, then you can have both a wider angle and better image quality.
This new camera has the same resolution as the camera it came in place to, that is, 16 MP. The sensor is newer though and that is coupled with the Venus Engine 9 processing engine found in the GH4. According to the brand, this combination is great for best image quality. There is a native sensitivity range of ISO200-25600 and the low expansion setting is at ISO 100. The G6 has a native range of ISO 160-12800 and the expansion setting is 25600. G7’s engine has a quad-core CPU and that helps in faster processing. The full resolution is enabled and continuous shooting can be done at 8 fps in single AF mode. You can get 6 fps in continuous AF mode.
9. Sony cyber shot RX100 IV
This one is small and simple in appearance the RX100 Mk IV is a powerhouse of a compact camera.
- It has a good electronic viewfinder.
- The sensor size is 1.0 type.
- The resolution is 20.1 MP.
- The monitor is 3.0-inch tilt angle.
- It can be connected to wifi and NFC.
The built-in zoom lens has an effective zoom range of 24-70mm. the aperture rating is fast f/1.8-2.8. The stacked CMOS image sensor with the onboard DRAM chip is capable of super speedy shooting. The shutter is incredibly quick as it speeds up to 1/32000th of a second. The camera enables high frame rate video is at up to 960fps, and it results in 40x super slow motion facility. Also, you can shoot stills rapidly as up to 16 fps can be utilized with the full 20.1 MP resolution and 1.0 type image sensor.
10. Canon EOS M50
This is the latest Canon’s EOS M series and the model may not be a fancy item but it is a recent full-frame EOS R. its vari-angle screen is a viable candidate for this list. There are lots of reasons for which we can recommend it.
- This is a smaller and cheaper camera with a lightweight body.
- The desirable combination of 4K video recording with a screen and that spins out to the front.
- The microphone port for external mics is a bonus.
- The touch screen is excellently implemented to get great image quality.
A mirror less camera with great image quality, if that is what you are searching for, here is the option. It has a decent autofocus system. A great breadth of features, as well as system supports, is the options you can check in this camera.