If you adopt a pet then it is the most joyful occasion of your life if you are an animal lover. As in the most common pet that is adopted by a human is a dog and cats too would make an ideal pet. Domestic cats are like small furry and are the carnivorous mammals that will also form a precious friendship with the owner.
Some kittens and adult cats are some of the cutest creatures. They are very lovely to play with and will bring happiness to your lives. However, it is the job of the owner to care of them and look after such innocent, furry animals and need to take care of them by providing them with all the cat essentials.
- 1 Top 10 Cat Foods in India
- 1.1 1. Bellotta Wet Food for Cats and Kittens, Tuna and Salmon, 85 g (Pack of 12)
- 1.2 2. Me-O Fins Fur and Feathers Creamy Treat Salmon Flavor -Pack of 20 Sticks
- 1.3 3. Nestle Friskies Seafood Sensations Cat Food
- 1.4 4. Whiskas Kitten Dry Cat Food
- 1.5 5. Meat Up Adult Cat Food
- 1.6 6. Purepet Adult Cat Food
- 1.7 7. Maxi Persian Adult Dry Cat Food
- 1.8 8. Royal Canin Persian Adult
- 1.9 9. Drools Ocean Fish Cat Food
- 1.10 10. Meo Sea Food
- 1.11 Various types Of Cat Food
- 1.12 Buyer’s Guide
Importance Of Cat Food
Cat food is one of the most important cat essential that is required for your furry buddy. You can prepare this food for your cat even at home. But, the ease of use of these different types of foods for cats is Dry food, Wet food, Semi-moist food, Raw food. This has made the feeding of cats convenient and less time-consuming task.
Cats come in the family of carnivorous mammals that need protein in their diet that too in the type of meat or fish. Furthermore, cat food that is available in the market will be providing fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and all the required amino acids.
The taurine amino acid and some vitamins get despoiled by the rise in temperature and pressure throughout the process. Thus, to prevent loss of vision or cardiac arrest synthetic taurine is added. Apart from this, cat food is organized to have good nutritional value so that it ensures that your cat hs healthy shiny coat and the immunity is improved and teeth are clean and there is more energy.
Therefore, it is necessary to give your cat a diet which is based on its weight, age, and also its breed. Thus, it is recommended that you consult your veterinary doctor regarding the diet for your cat.
Top 10 Cat Foods in India
1. Bellotta Wet Food for Cats and Kittens, Tuna and Salmon, 85 g (Pack of 12)
It has strong whiff which will attract your furry friend while the taste is so good that your cat will it. The cat food is available in the pack of 12 and has vitamins, minerals and amino acids like the taurine which will ensure optimum health of your cat and also provide the proper nutrition to him or her.
- It is 12 in each pack and weighs 85 grams.
- Tuna and Salmon are inside which are wet foods and are suitable for cats and kittens
- The food consists of taurine and amino acid that the cat cannot produce by itself.
- The diet will help in dealing with urinary tract infections.
- It has no added preservatives.
- Consists of vitamins and minerals.
2. Me-O Fins Fur and Feathers Creamy Treat Salmon Flavor -Pack of 20 Sticks
Me-O creamy treats are the best buys for your cat while you play with him or her. The pack has 20 creamy treat sticks which are enhanced with the salmon flavour and is loved by every cat. It has all the nutrients that will maintain the overall health of your cat. But, it is not a complete balanced meal.
- The pack has 20 sticks.
- The flavour is enhanced with salmon flavour.
- It consists of Omega 6, DL-Methionine and zinc.
- It has taurine an amino acid inside which will not be produced by your cat.
3. Nestle Friskies Seafood Sensations Cat Food
This is one of the flavourful cat food that has flavours of ocean fish, tuna, shrimp, salmon, crab and seaweed and will be loved by every cat. It has all the essential nutrients which will help in obtaining optimum health of your cat. Also, the pack is of 1.2 kg and is affordable.
- It is a dry cat food that is in a 2 kg pack.
- It has mixed flavors of ocean fish, tuna, shrimp, salmon, crab, and even seaweed.
- Ingredients are wheat grain cereals, the iodized salts, taurine, vegetable oils, minerals and vitamins, gluten meal, corn, poultry by-product meal, colours, fish meal, and soybean meal.
- It has Crude protein, crude fat, crude fibre, wetness and some fatty acids.
4. Whiskas Kitten Dry Cat Food
Whiskas is one of the well-known brands and is of the American company Mars, Incorporated. Whiskas cat food has good quality products and it is sold around the world. This Whiskas Kitten Dry Food is food for cats that is complete and it is been balanced. It is available in a delicious ocean fish in milk flavour that makes it a number one choice for the cats of the group of 2-12 months. It has a number of proteins, minerals, and vitamins that ensures a healthy kitten with strong vitals, teeth, fur, skin, and immunity.
- The packet is of 1.1 kg.
- It is 100% complete. This pet food is prepared for the kittens of 2-12 months.
- This is a dry cat food which has very high-quality ingredients.
- The product has no flavouring and also it has no preservatives.
- It has the ocean fish flavour in milk.
- The product is having 30% Protein, 12% Fat, 12% Moisture, and 5% Fiber content.
5. Meat Up Adult Cat Food
The Meat up adult cat food is great as it has a very reasonable price and has a two in one deal. The crunchy content and high protein kibbles can be stored easily in air-tight containers. Also, it is good for all breeds and it has a tempting flavour of sardines, mackerel, and eggs. It also gives health benefits and improves the digestive, immune system, and helps in maintaining a healthy heart.
- The Meat Up Adult Cat Food has 2 packs and has three sizes that are 1.2 kg each, 3 kg each and 7 kg each.
- The food is of the crunchy form and has high protein content kibbles.
- High-quality ingredients are used like – Sardine, Mackerel, corn gluten meal, soya refined oil, taurine, vitamins, wheat flour, organic minerals like zinc, iron, copper, manganese, and probiotics.
- It is suitable for all types of breeds.
- It should be stored in cool, clean, and dry air-tight containers and away from sunlight since they are dry foods.
- It has a feeding recommendation at the back of the packet which will tell you the quantity that you need to feed your cat based on its weight.
6. Purepet Adult Cat Food
The Purepet Adult cat food is dry crunchy kibble. These are ideal for all breeds, and every cat will love it because it is enriched with ocean fish, and is a natural source of taurine. The highly palatable kibble is good for your cats and the feeding recommendation provided. And, it has high-quality ingredients which it most nutritious cat food.
- It has three sizes 1.2 kg, 3 kg, and 7 kg.
- It is dry food that is of the form of crunchy kibble.
- It has taurine that keeps a healthy heart and Omega-6 and has three fatty acids helps in reducing inflammation will promote health.
- The prebiotics and probiotics will protect your cat and help in improving the digestive system.
- It has high-quality ingredients which will meet the nutritional needs of the cat
7. Maxi Persian Adult Dry Cat Food
If you want Persian cat food, then this particular product is the best choice. It has a good deal, as it has to buy one get one free offer. The granule size is smaller and is also enriched with ocean fish so that it is highly palatable for your cat. Also, it has many health benefits as it is of high-quality protein. The Maxi Persian has ingredients that meet the safety, and it also has better digestion and there is no vomiting.
- This cat food comes has two in a pack and has three sizes- 1.2 kg each, 3 kg each and 7 kg each.
- This is a dry food that is of the form of crunchy munchy kibbles and is ideal for Persian Cats.
- There is 26% protein, 14% fat, 5% crude fibre, and also 10% moisture.
- There are high-quality ingredients like – Sardine, Mackerel, eggs, corn gluten meal, soya refined oil, taurine, vitamins, wheat flour, organic minerals like zinc, iron, copper, manganese, selenium and, probiotics.
- It has a feeding recommendation at the back of the packet that will tell you the quantity to feed your cat which depends on its weight.
- It has minerals of ocean fish, which is a source of taurine that is required by the cats.
8. Royal Canin Persian Adult
This product is best for the Persian cats. The Royal Canin cat food is made of very high-quality ingredients that guarantee a complete balanced diet for your cat. The cat food is created to increase digestive security and also lower the symptoms of illness that are developed by the herpes virus. This is the best choice which helps you keep your Persian cat healthy and that too with healthy skin and silky fur.
- It is obtainable in the packs of 2 kg, 4 kg, 10 kg, 15 kg and 400 gram.
- This is planned and manufactured especially for the Persian cats.
- It is also accessible in diverse packs which are designed for the Persian kitten, regular fit and Second age kitten.
- It is made of good quality ingredients like the dehydrated poultry meat, rice, animal fats, maize flour, vegetable fibres, the vegetable protein isolate, hydrolysed animal proteins, chicory pulp, fish oil, psyllium husks and seeds, soya oil, hydrolysed yeast (source of manno-oligosaccharides), borage oil, marigold extract (source of lutein).
9. Drools Ocean Fish Cat Food
Drools is a brand that will guarantee that your pet always provides a healthy and good diet. This is suitable for the adult cat and it will provide complete nutrition that has a high protein content of 32%. It has ocean fish that helps it make palatable and also very healthy. It is a great product.
- It comes in packets of 1.2 kg, 3 kg and 7 kg.
- It has 32% protein, 12% fat, 10% moisture and 2.5% crude fibre.
- It is having very high-quality ingredients like– Sardine, Mackerel, corn gluten meal, whole grain cereals, taurine, vitamins, wheat flour, organic minerals like zinc, iron, copper, manganese, selenium and probiotics.
10. Meo Sea Food
The Meo has a healthy and tasty diet to give your adult cat. Meo cat food can be digested easily and is something which any cat can enjoy because its flavour is like seafood. Also, it has the highest benefits for your cat. It also reduces the risks of FLUTD ad other disorders like high blood pressure, kidney, and heart disease and also ensures that your cat is healthy.
- The Meo Sea Food cat has a 3 kg pack.
- It has high nutrition and this balanced cat food which will taste great.
Various types Of Cat Food
Dry foods are generally in the form of dry kibble, flaked cereals, and biscuits. These are more economical and opportune to feed your cats if we compare it to wet or semi-moist food. It has 3-11% water and it has been created through cooking under high heat and pressure. Dry kibble can be kept for a year; but, they do not have high nutritional value if we compare it to wet food.
Moreover, these are dry and you need to mix it with gravy or you can give it with water also so that digestion is good.
Semi-moist foods are generally accessible in sachets or pouches. The moisture or water content of dry and wet foods is between 25-35%. They are more costly than the dry food and these can’t be kept as long as you can keep dry food. But, these are palatable and they are also available in the shape of chewy, moist pallets.
Wet food has high moisture value. These wet foods are generally cooked in high temperatures and after that, they are sealed under pressure. Wet foods contain higher nutritional value as compared to dry foods and they offer your cat with great water content in the structure of the gravy which helps them in the digestion.
These are usually packed in cans, pouches or foil trays and found in the form of chunks. These are very costly types of cat food but they give a better taste.
Raw cat foods are the foods like the meat, fish and vegetables, etc. these are uncooked and are available in the raw form. It is available in the market in three types, namely the fresh, frozen, and freeze-dried. These have further types which are complete and complementary foods.
- Complete Cat Food
This food is nutritionally complete. It is the best choice and when it comes to daily feeding this is the type of food that ensures that your cat will obtain the essential nutrients in the correct size.
- Complementary Cat Foods
Complementary cat foods are generally said to be cat treats. This food type will not give your cat all the required nutrients. Thus, it can be a part of the pet’s diet but cannot be the diet itself.
Type of food
We know that there is various type of cat food in the market. You need to take a type that is loved by your cat. But, wet food is likely a suitable choice when we talk about cat food. This is because it is better and pleasant, and the smell is so strong and will attract the fussy eaters.
You can also select dry food as it can be mixed with gravy and they also have a greater shelf-life. They are reasonable and will prove to be better to feed your cat. But, raw cat food is fresh, frozen, or freeze-dried and also are suitable options and also have a higher nutritional value.
Ingredients and Nutrition
It is very necessary that you check the ingredients, which is generally mentioned behind the pack before you buy it. Make sure that your cat food has high-quality ingredients like the sardines, mackerel, eggs, ocean fish, whole grain cereals, soya refined oil, vitamins, taurine and minerals. These give nutrition to your cat and some of the health benefits like the healthy heart, better digestion, and also lustrous coat.
Like we humans, our cat also requires a complete and balanced diet which is tasty and is full of flavour. These carnivorous mammals like the cats will usually prefer meats and fishes. So, go for cat food which has the flavour of fish like the ocean fish, which will enhance the taste and will attract the fussy cats.
Also, ocean fish will give taurine which is an essential amino acid and will maintain a healthy heart for your cat. So, the cat food you buy should contain the natural flavour of fish or meat in milk and should not have any artificial flavour or preservatives.
If you adopt a cat as a pet it requires that you keep a separate budget for the requirements you. The food for cats is available at different prices. You can, therefore, look for a suitable dry complete food of a good brand like Whiskas, Meat Up, etc. for your pet. This will be under the range of 500. But, if your cat likes wet food, you require a higher budget.
So, go for cat food that is under your budget.
Breed, Age, and Weight
There are some Cat Foods which are suitable for every breed. This is Purepet Adult cat food. But, there are some other foods like Maxi Ocean fish and Royal Canin that are prepared especially for the Persian cats or maybe for other breeds. So, it is important that you go for cat food that is suitable for the breed of your cat and is suitable for proper growth and development.
These food packs are available with a feeding recommendation which is mentioned at the back of the packet. This helps you to feed the right quantity of food to your cat and it depends on the age and weight of your cat. You can also go for the vet. However, it is necessary that you feed your cat with the right measure of food daily.
There are some cats which are prone to allergic reactions because of a few ingredients which are present or because of some grains. So it is necessary that you opt for a grain-free product that will be a bit costly but are the best option if your cat is sensitive. Or you can also choose a natural hypoallergenic product which is from the Pet Sutra Arden Range.
Easy to Digest
The cat food that you buy should be such that it is easily palatable and can be digested by your cat. In case the food is rough for him or her to digest it may lead to some digestive problems which may lead to vomiting. So, make sure the ingredients of the food are suitable for your cat so that the cat can digest it conveniently.