Best known for its hardware related work, a torque wrench is used to tighten the nuts and bolts of any machinery. Also, the fasteners can be tightened using the wrench. When you achieve proper tension by using the wrench there will be less chance of over-tightening of the joints so that it comes undone. Using the torque for safe assembly is a must for any technician as its performance can make a successful professional.
Torque is basically a measure that decides how much rotation should be applied to the object. It moves on the pivot point of the object which acts as an axis. Applying the torque incorrect way ensures the safety and better use of the equipment.
- 1 Top 7 Beam Torque Wrench in India
- 1.1 1. Tooluxe 03703L dual-drive beam style torque wrench
- 1.2 2. Tohnichi Steel Beam Type Torque Wrench – SF Series
- 1.3 3. ElectroPrime Universal Click Type Beam Torque Wrench
- 1.4 4. Ram Pro Bean Style Torque Wrench
- 1.5 5. Craftsman9-32999 0-75 ft. Drive Beam Reflection Torque Wrench
- 1.6 6. Titan 23140 Newton Meter ¼ Drive Beam Style Torque Wrench
- 1.7 7. Neiko 03727A Beam Style Torque Wrench
- 1.8 How to use a beam torque wrench:
- 1.9 How the handle in beam style torque works:
Where to use:
Torque is a multi-purpose item that is used in various sects. From home repairs to maintenance or automation, in construction sites or even in plumbing, torque is highly used. Anywhere there is bolt and screws need to be tightened, a torque is necessary. This tool allows you to measure the amount of pressure required to fasten any cork and screw. In vehicles, the safety of the fasteners is protected by the appropriate use of torque.
Types of torque:
There are various types of torques available, like electronic torque wrench, click, micrometer, dial, hydraulic torque wrench but in this article, we will discuss the best beam torque wrenches in India.
Beam torque wrench:
Beam torque wrenches are mostly used as these are the inexpensive ones with lots of functionality. There is a scale in them and it indicates when the right level of torque is reached. This can be fixed on an accurate number and it will stop while reaching there. There is a handle in the torque which helps to apply force. The beam stays in place while it is being used, while the scale indicates the work in progress. There are screws that help in tightening or loosening it.
Top 7 Beam Torque Wrench in India
So hereby we will provide you a list with the best beam torques available in India, along with parameters and features.
1. Tooluxe 03703L dual-drive beam style torque wrench
This is one of the best torques available in India, and the brand is quite famous for its machinery and equipment. The hardware items are quite trustworthy so you can use their torque confidently.
- This is an accurate torque that works without an error.
- This is a solid tool to be used for any purpose. Its sturdiness makes it a well-built item.
- The wrench has two ½ inch bends and one 3/8 adaptor.
- This is a bit bulky so if you want to use it into tight locations.
- The built is great as we have already mentioned. It cannot fit any toolboxes.
- It can be used as a breaker bar to some extent.
- This is a simple alternative to click torques, which comes pricier.
- A better adapter may work with this torque for improved results.
- The 3/8 inch adapter will come handy when you need to change a spark plug.
- Do not exceed force on this torque as that can damage the measuring part of this tool.
- You have to read the torque backward without or with the attachment.
- The price is justified.
2. Tohnichi Steel Beam Type Torque Wrench – SF Series
The brad Tohnichi is a USA based one and we can avail only a few products of them in India. One of their best products is Steel Beam Type Torque wrench which we will be discussing now.
- This one comes with a direct reading beam type that tightens and measures accurately.
- This is a highly durable wrench.
- It is a lightweight wrench with easy to read scale. You can read the measures without fuss.
- It can be graduated in a clockwise or anticlockwise direction. It can be used for retightening and loosening for torque inspection.
- The shape of the arm is quite unique and it is used to keep the internal force at a stable level. It does not get intrigued by any friction so it contributes to the durability of the tool.
- The F model grip is shaped in such a way that it keeps the hand in a stable position and prevents slipping.
- The torque is compliant with the calibration of ISO 6789 type.
- The dimensions of this torque are most important. These are engineered in a useful way so that it can be used in a versatile way, in any and every industry.
3. ElectroPrime Universal Click Type Beam Torque Wrench
This is another famous manufacturer of tools and machinery and hereby they have come with a beam torque wrench which may come handy to us.
- The package of this beam torque wrench contains one beam torque wrench and a shell.
- This one is a reversible ½ inch drive.
- It is a click-type wrench which ensures with a click when the wrench reaches the location that was preset.
- This is a go-to tool for every technician as it is handy and is pretty easy to use.
- The wrench is made using high-quality metal so you can expect a longer life from this tool.
- It provides pretty accurate results while it comes to measurement.
4. Ram Pro Bean Style Torque Wrench
This is another inexpensive beam style torque wrench which offers pretty good result when it comes to functionality.
- This is a great tool to tighten and loosen the screws and bolts with confidence. The torque works precisely to tighten the machinery and does not leave it extra tight or loose.
- It comes with a universal metric scale range and Universal SAE.
- It is not very heavy and thus can be carried easily.
- This item is made in Taiwan. It is a high-quality accurate deflection torque spanner that has a needlepoint gauge body.
- It is made from durable chrome vanadium all steel with chrome finish.
- This one has an ergonomically designed black handle which provides a firm grip while working with it. The full leverage is really good for tightening or loosening the screws.
- There is a dual torque measuring scale that shows ft-lbs and KGm’s.
- The graduated indicator tip does not let the parallax error happen.
- The best accuracy can be gained by the handle pivot if you hold the middle point.
- The dial measures the torque clockwise and anticlockwise when a repair is being done on automotives.
5. Craftsman9-32999 0-75 ft. Drive Beam Reflection Torque Wrench
This 0-75 inch lbs Beam reflection torque wrench comes with separate English and Metric scales. There are many more features to it which we will discuss now.
- This is cheaper than Precision Brand click torque ratchet but works as accurately as one.
- It can be used on a 30 to 45-foot pound range on mower blade bolts successfully.
- The scale is not really long but it is workable.
- It comes with a satin finish and not the usual chrome which is a great thing for such a price.
- The 3/8 torque wrench works fantastically. You can use them without an adapter and it goes into a tight situation as well.
- This beam type wrench is actually accurate and thus works perfectly.
- Great for installing some spark plugs.
- You can get it working on the deflection beam to set preload on a wheel bearing as well.
- It is much sturdy, accurate and great for a midrange torque.
- The price is decent and great for its features.
6. Titan 23140 Newton Meter ¼ Drive Beam Style Torque Wrench
This ¼ inch Drive torque beam wrench works perfectly in most of the situations.
- It can take clockwise or anticlockwise measurement with its 0-80 in/lbs body.
- This is a deflection beam torque wrench that does not wear or fatigue over the lifeline of the tool so the accuracy of measurement is ensured.
- It can directly measure various torque values while it tightens the fastener.
- This one is decently and adequately priced so you can expect to work it moderately precisely.
- This torque can be used on firearms really well and it will perfectly help you with scope mounting, reassembly of action to the stock, etc.
- If you follow the directions precisely you will be able to use the wrench by bending the metal beam to the side and it will be lined up slowly.
- After using the torque you must keep it away carefully and it will not destroy the alignment.
- Angle and position are hard to get in this torque until you use some patience.
- The tool is easy to read and thus you can assemble any gadget with its help.
- It is a great deal at such an affordable price. It works best when it comes to do the dialing in pinion gear torque to rotate settings.
7. Neiko 03727A Beam Style Torque Wrench
This is a nice product and you can expect a good job from this moderately priced wrench.
- This beam torque wrench can be used for ring and pinion installation, but you need to be a little cautious of the directional measurement of both directions. The right angle will help you to get the measurement properly.
- At the top of the pointer, it seems difficult to read from both directions.
- This is cheaper than the dial torques but it works efficiently.
- This beam torque wrench comes at a justified price.
- The overall build quality is good.
- It works as well as can be expected from it.
- You do not need to check the calibration like you have to do when you will be using a click-style torque wrench which is a relief.
- Needle at the head is slightly twisted so it is a bit hard to see the measurement.
- It is graduated in 0.2 in-pounds.
- It provides excellent repeatability.
- It does not drift like a click torque wrench that works by a spring.
How to use a beam torque wrench:
- To use the beam style torque you first need to locate the socket to fit the bolt. The torque wrenches can be replaced with the adapter when needed.
- Next, you have to attach the socket to the torque wrench by pressing onto the drive.
- Then you can place the socket onto the fasteners so it can be tightened. The pivot of the tool should be held so it touches the center beam.
- Now use the torque for turning by pulling the tool in a clockwise manner. The tighter you will pull the handle will bend slightly. Check the end of the needle that is located above the handle.
- Keep turning the fastener so the handle rotates and the pivot contacts the beam.
- Release the pressure when the perfect torque has been achieved.
- Now you can remove the socket from the fastener.
How the handle in beam style torque works:
Beam style torque wrenches come usually with a floating handle that allows the handles to pivot when you turn the wrench. You must hold it properly as it exerts pressure on the nuts to extreme end of the tool. This is how the torque application precisely works.
A beam style torque wrench is a necessity for the technicians working in the automobile industry. This device helps the users to keep the bolts fastened as much as is necessary. Torque wrenches come handy in other industries as well like any mechanical devices that use nuts and bolts. Beam style torque wrenches are easy to use and thus definitely are more popular.